Today's Journey

High-Tech Communication
Apr.25,2013
http://getmorestrength.org
Now we have received . . . the Spirit who is from God, that we
might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. —1 Corinthians 2:12
When it comes to communication, our world is becoming
increasingly high-tech. The popularity of things like Twitter and
Facebook might cause some to think the Bible is too old-school. The
tech-savvy people of our world might feel deterred because there are no
sounds and no nifty graphics in the Bible. But the truth is, there’s
more high-tech power in God’s Word than in any cutting-edge
communication tool our world will ever know.
It’s not uncommon for a pastor to be told, “When you said that in
your message, it was just what I needed.” Somehow during the sermon, God
spoke to the person’s heart with a message tailor-made for him or her.
If you’ve ever read the Bible and sensed God speaking directly to you,
you know what I’m talking about. God has hard-wired you with His Spirit,
who illumines your mind to understand His Word.
Imagine getting a “text message” directly from the Creator of the
universe telling you exactly what you need at exactly the right time. No
matter how high-tech this world gets, you’ll never experience a more
powerful mode of communication!
Rejoice in the reality that “we have received . . . the Spirit who is
from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to
us by God” (1 Cor. 2:12).
Give me the insight, Lord,
As I hear Your Word today,
So I will truly understand
As I hear Your Word today,
So I will truly understand
Your message and Your way. —Monroe
The Bible may be old, but its truths are always new.
No comments:
Post a Comment