Saturday, March 8, 2014

Maybe it’s just me

Today's Business Lessons 

 
                                                                                   

 

Maybe it’s just me

  
(The Philippine Star) |

I guess it’s just me, but why do I suspect this hotel does not want to invest in technology and training to improve their services? Is it because business is doing well for the meantime, and they feel that there is no competition?

There is a word that describes businesses like these: MEDIOCRE.

Unless they improve, this hotel is destined for failure. 
 
I am not a chronic complainer, and I am extremely patient with people who are trying

I guess it’s just me, but why do I suspect this hotel does not want to invest in technology and training to improve their services? Is it because business is doing well for the meantime, and they feel that there is no competition?

There is a word that describes businesses like these: MEDIOCRE.

Unless they improve, this hotel is destined for failure. 
 
I am not a chronic complainer, and I am extremely patient with people who are trying their best. The young people behind the front desk tried their best. They smiled, they were polite, and they were accommodating, but the hotel’s system really sucks! For this I do not blame the staff but the management.

Time is the most valuable currency in the 21st century, and it is becoming a scarce commodity. Being made to wait for 25 minutes by the front desk is a terrible crime committed against the client.

Maybe it’s just me.

Should my client book me for a stay in the same hotel the next time, I hope they will have improved. In case they haven’t, I know what I will do. If the registration will take another half an hour to accomplish, I will not complain. I will hold my peace. I will put on my pajamas and sleep on top of the counter. Wouldn’t that be exciting?

No comments:

Post a Comment