Today's Daily Bread

God Had Other Plans
My friend Linda grew up planning to become a medical missionary.
She loves the Lord and wanted to serve Him as a doctor by taking the
gospel to sick people in parts of the world where medical care is hard
to find. But God had other plans. Linda has indeed become a medical
missionary, but not the way she expected.
At age 14, Linda developed a chronic health problem that required her
to be hospitalized for major surgery several times a year. She survived
bacterial meningitis that left her in a coma for 2 weeks and blind for 6
months. She once celebrated two birthdays in a row in the
hospital—without going home in between. She has had several experiences
when she was not expected to live. But yet Linda is the most vibrant,
grateful, and cheerful person you will ever meet. She once told me that
her mission field, as she hoped and planned, is the hospital. But
instead of serving God as a doctor, she serves Him as a patient. No
matter how sick she is, the light of the Lord radiates from her.
Linda exemplifies the teaching of the apostle Peter. Despite her
trials, she rejoices, and the genuineness of her faith brings “praise,
honor, and glory” to Jesus Christ (1 Peter 1:6-7).
Lord, I’m so thankful that no matter where
we are, we can serve You. Help me to reflect
Your image in my current situation, even
if it’s not where I hoped I would be.
we are, we can serve You. Help me to reflect
Your image in my current situation, even
if it’s not where I hoped I would be.
Write your plans in pencil
and remember that God has the eraser.
No comments:
Post a Comment