Friday, April 26, 2013

Recapitulation

Today's Reflections




Recapitulation 

http://graceandspace.org


E-mail Print PDF


Jn 12:44-50

44Jesus cried out and said, “Whoever believes in me believes not only in me but also in the one who sent me, 45and whoever sees me sees the one who sent me. 46I came into the world as light, so that everyone who believes in me might not remain in darkness. 47And if anyone hears my words and does not observe them, I do not condemn him, for I did not come to condemn the world but to save the world. 48Whoever rejects me and does not accept my words has something to judge him: the word that I spoke, it will condemn him on the last day, 49because I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and speak. 50And I know that his commandment is eternal life. So what I say, I say as the Father told me.”


Reflection:

I say as the Father told me. Jesus always says only what the Father tells him. Jesus is the Word of the Father. Receiving everything from his Father, all that he does and says, he does and says as the Father bids him do and say. There lie the humility and the glory of Jesus.

That should also be our glory. We should live in the awareness that we have nothing of ourselves, but that all we have is from God. Let us also, like Jesus, make sure that what we do and say, we do and say only in obedience to God. To do otherwise would be to separate ourselves from Jesus and his Father.


Do you see the Word of God as the light shining
on your dark moments of doubt and failure?

No comments:

Post a Comment