Saturday, October 8, 2011

True Blessedness

Today's Reflections

 

Reflections

True Blessedness

October 8, 2011, 1:11am

Luke 11:27-28

While Jesus was speaking, a woman from the crowd called out and said to Him, “Blessed is the womb that carried You and the breasts at which You nursed.” He replied, “Rather, blessed are those who hear the word of God and observe it.”

Reflection:

Blessed! Hearing me laughing heartily, a friend commented that I must have been so blessed to have a happy, loving mother. At first, I found it strange that people, who in a way felt blessed by me, praised and thanked my mother instead.

Then I realized that everything that is in me and about me is a shade of my parents. My heart I got from my mother, my head from my father. My compassion I learned from my mother, my relaxed way of relating with people from my father. Blessed indeed are my parents.

I am proud of them. Living their spirit and growing as they wanted me to be makes me so blessed. Trying to live God’s spirit and growing as God wants us to be makes us richly blessed.

Discover God’s love for you and discover the blessedness in you and the blessing that you are!

Relax today, sit comfortably, and thank God, believing and feeling how blessed you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment